A Journey to the Land Beyond the Forest

Welcome to my journey to Transylvania and the 7th International Workshops of the Drama Schools of the ITI-UNESCO Chair of Theatre and Culture of Civilizations in Sinaia, Romania. While there I will be attending several conferences, directing performances of Ibsen's Ghosts and Euripides Medea, and presenting a paper entitled "Unlocking the Mysterious Disease of Ibsen's Ghosts to "Generation Y""

Thursday, August 24, 2006

On Leaving Romania

It was 3:00 AM Eastern European time. I was leaving Bucharest. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and met the driver. We loaded the luggage into a small car and it was off to the airport traversing the dark streets of Romania's capital city. I always experience melancholy when leaving foreign lands. It is almost like leaving a tiny piece of yourself, always hoping for the next trip; to return and renew your experiences. Romania for me was a life changing experience in so many ways that it becomes impossible to even try to explain. I miss all of my new friends and thank our Romanian hosts. May God bless you all and keep you safe in our ever changing world.......by line......Mark F. Tattenbaum......Bucharest, Romania.